We have deep experience helping teams understand and implement human-centred design.
Our customised approach to building capabilities is based on three key principles:
- Understand the design maturity of your organisation. We need to make sure that your approach to implementing HCD is appropriate for your team’s capabilities, as well as the broader organisational culture and work practices.
- Identify how HCD can benefit your organisation in the near term. To achieve long-term success, it’s important that your organisation can quickly see the benefits of adopting HCD. We need to make sure that we’re setting you up for success now, so you can build and extend in the future.
- Support the ongoing implementation of HCD. We understand that capability development is a process and not an event. We need to make sure your team has the ongoing support it needs to effectively implement HCD.
Training & courses
We have successfully trained teams in courses ranging from 1 day to 1 week. Our flexible training approach helps participants both learn the theory and practical skills needed to begin implementing HCD, and also understand the value and importance of empathy and connection.
Our training approach is grounded; we place a strong emphasis on learning skills through application and practice. We also work with participants to help them think about how to implement HCD in their organisations after completing their course.
We always offer post-training support to participants to ensure that they have an opportunity to follow up as they implement what they have learned.
Coaching & mentoring
One of the most effective ways to learn human-centred design is by doing it. For this reason, we offer an HCD coaching service through which we build the capabilities of your team as they do their day-to-day work.
We provide personalised ad-hoc training, help teams with planning and project design, support brainstorming or ideation activities, collaborate with teams on the development of research plans and design prototypes, and then support the teams as they conduct and analyse research findings.
What you can learn
- HCD principles and basics.
- How to design and conduct interviews.
- How to understand behaviours and biases.
- How to evaluate current (or competitive) product or service offerings.
- How to understand and analyse research findings.
- How to turn research insights into product or service opportunities.
- How to ideate and explore design solutions.
- How to create effective design prototypes.
- How to evaluate design prototypes with users.
- How to organise teams to best implement HCD.
- How to integrate HCD into your current work practices.